In accordance with the Bylaws of the Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (British Columbia) Society (“FACL BC”), notice is hereby given to all Members of FACL BC that a General Meeting of the Members ("AGM") will be held as follows:
- Location: Zoom
- Date: Monday, July 17, 2023
- Time: 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
This AGM is open to all current FACL BC members. Please register for the AGM by July 17, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. to receive the Zoom link. Voting will be conducted with the Zoom polling feature for those in virtual attendance. In order to appoint a proxy for matters requiring a vote at this AGM, please fill out the proxy form by July 14, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
If you are not a current FACL BC member or have yet to register for the 2023-2024 year, you can join/renew through our website. To be eligible to vote by proxy, please make sure you have registered for 2023-24 membership.
The Board of Directors move to make certain amendments to the Bylaws. Please review this special resolution which will be voted upon at the AGM. You can find all relevant documents in our AGM Package.
1. The Agenda for the AGM is as follows (note: this is subject to change):
- 5:00-5:05 – President – Meeting called to order and approval of previous meeting minutes
- 5:05-5:10 – Treasurer/Secretary remarks – financial statements and membership details
- 5:10-5:20 - Special Resolution re by law changes
- 5:20-5:25 – Outgoing President’s remarks
- 5:25-5:30 – Incoming President’s remarks
- 5:30-5:40 – Incoming VPs’ remarks
- 5:40-5:50 – Acknowledgement of departing and remaining board members
- 5:50-6:25 – Election and appointment of new board members
- 6:25-6:30 – Closing Remarks and Adjournment
2. Call for Nominations - Nominations Now Closed
Nominations have now been closed. Please click here for candidate nomination statements. The contested positions are Director-at-Large (two year term), Student Director (UBC), Student Director (TRU), and Student Director (UVic). The Secretary and Area Representatives (Kamloops and Victoria) positions are acclaimed.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.