FACL BC’s “Next 10 Years” Student Scholarships 2021
Amount: $1000 each
Deadline: Monday November 15, 2021 at 5:00 PM (Pacific Time).
Please note that the deadline has now passed. We thank you for your applications to our scholarship.
FACL BC Student Scholarships recognize current law students enrolled in a law school in British Columbia who demonstrate a keen interest in and willingness to contribute to the British Columbian pan-Asian Canadian legal community. This year is special as it marks FACL BC’s 10th anniversary. Five $1000 scholarships will be awarded. Consideration will be given to applicants’ leadership and community involvement, and financial need.
- Self-identify as of pan-Asian descent (South Asian, Southeast Asian, East Asian, Central/West Asian)
- Demonstrated past, current and/or future involvement in promoting equity, justice and opportunity for pan-Asian Canadian legal professions and/or the wider community in British Columbia
- Enrolled in a law school in British Columbia
- FACL BC member (membership is FREE for students - sign-up here)
- Available to attend the scholarship presentation on Friday November 26, 2021 at 5:00 PM over Zoom (Pacific Time)
Note: Current and former student directors are not eligible to apply.
- Each application that meets the requirements set out above will be reviewed by current FACL BC Executive Board Members
- FACL BC exercises sole and absolute discretion to determine scholarship eligibility and recipients
- FACL BC’s decisions are final and application materials will not be returned
- Recipients will be notified of FACL BC’s decision the week of November 22nd, and the scholarships will be presented at FACL BC’s Virtual Conference on Friday November 26, 2021 (Tickets are complimentary)
Thank you to our sponsors that made FACL BC’s “Next 10 Years” Scholarship Fund possible: