Want to learn more about different legal practice areas and how to determine the right fit for you? There is no better way than speaking with lawyers immersed in those areas to gain some insight into their respective practices - and we are pleased to bring you an interactive evening to do just that! Back by popular demand, we invite you to sign up for the 3rd annual FACL BC Mentorship Roundtable and Mixer.
This event is often well-attended by law students, junior lawyers, and anyone else looking to explore their options. All are welcome!
How It Works: On registration, you will be asked to select 3 practice areas of interest. During the event, you will then be rotating through 3 informal conversation groups led by lawyers practicing in each of your chosen areas. Come with your questions, as this will be a great opportunity to feed your curiosity.
When: Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 5:15pm
Where: McCarthy Tétrault LLP (Suite 2400 - 745 Thurlow Street , Vancouver, BC)
- Registration and Reception: 5:15pm ***please arrive promptly to sign-in***
- Introductions: 5:30pm
- Roundtable Discussion #1: 5:50 - 6:20pm
- Roundtable Discussion #2: 6:30 - 7:00pm
- Roundtable Discussion #3: 7:10 - 7:40pm
Post-event refreshments to follow at a location to be determined, with attendees to cover own costs.
CPD Credits: Pending approval
- Civil Litigation – Chilwin Cheng (Ascendion Law) & Brian Cheng (Owen Bird)
- Corporate/Commercial – Justin Shoemaker (McCarthy Tétrault) & Lucy Schilling (Miller Thomson)
- Criminal – Carrie Ng (Begbie Court Law) & Alan Ip (BC Prosecution Service)
- Immigration - Phebe Chan (PCLC Law Corporation) & Se Jung Sharon An (PwC Law LLP)
- Intellectual Property – Vincent Yip (McCarthy Tétrault) & Pablo Tseng (McMillan)
- Labour/Employment – Abigail Cheung (McCarthy Tétrault) & Rene-John Nicolas (BC Government & Service Employees' Union)
- Real Estate – Serene Chow (Boughton Law) & Morris Choy (McCarthy Tétrault)
- Wills & Estates – Audrey Jun (KMK Law) & Stephen Hsia (Fasken)
Cost: Graciously sponsored by our preferred partner in diversity, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
Please RSVP by Friday, February 7, 2020.